I was never been a huge fan of polishing one’s nails before. I was deluded with the thought that only rich people paint their nails. Innocent and naïve I was before, you cannot blame me for thinking this way. Somehow I find it fit when I saw rich people coming out from their flashy cars and strut their way with those strappy sandals with fiery red nails. But despite it all, I was secretly fantasizing myself on that same picture – emerging from a car with my little black dress donned with a strappy stiletto and of course with sexy red nails. It made me feel so glamorous and important.

When I grew older, I’ve learned that anyone regardless of status quo can wear nail polish. Who are you kidding with when in fact our neighbor’s housemaids were mostly seen with painted nails? That’s when I started painting mine… but mind you, I only paint my toenails. My reason? It sound stupid now but the only reason why I only paint my toenails before was because I felt ashamed being seen with painted nails in public. To top that, how could the public even notice my toenails when I often wear rubber shoes? Hahahaha…

But today, it’s a different story. I do polish my nails from time to time just to relieve stress from work and everything. I found it comforting and at the same time it made my feet look sexy and pampered. I don’t spend much for professionals to polish my nails because most of the time I do it myself. It’s way cheaper for one thing and I could always change the color whenever I like.

Like I’ve said, I’m not much of a fan of polishing nails but I’m very grateful for the existence of nail polishes. Why? This has always been the bonding moment of me and my little princess. Only 4 years old but she knows her colors and she knows her way on applying it on her nails. Would I trade it on anything? No way… I wouldn’t get tired of painting my nails over and over again as long as I’m sharing it with my little princess. That’s heaven over there….

me and my little princess


If luck would side with me this time... I'm super excited to share this experience with her... and paint our nails until we worn ourselves out...

http://kelliegonzo.blogspot.com/2010/08/special-k-giveaway.html

http://www.thepolishaholic.com/2010/09/300-follower-giveaway.html


0 comments:

Post a Comment