Over time I walked through this barren road
No splendid things not once my eyes behold,
I walked far and didn't turn back
For there's nothing there to hold me back.

And then I came across this lowly meadow
My eyes drowned from its vibrant colors,
I breathe in the sweet scent of hope 
As I sank deeper into the kaleidoscope.

But amidst the scent and the clash of colors
One flower caught my heart and soul.
The way it stood alone and proud
I knew right then I am found.

I gaze through its spell bound beauty
My heart ached to the comfort of its sanctuary.
I want to touch it...
I want to feel it...
Knowing that with it, I'll be whole again.

And so I draw myself nearer
And every step I take I fall deeper.
My rose, my heart exclaimed,
At last I found you - My rose, my Love.

But with your beauty comes your thorns
You cut me deep and my heart was torn.
I wept and bled but I didn't mind
Because deep inside I know you're mine.

I tried to keep you all to myself
Tried to hide you from stray passers by.
But your color starts to fade
Your flower withered as I hold your place.

My heart sank as you withered away
Fear engulfed me as I cry.
Losing you I could never survive
I must make a way
I can't just leave you and die.

And so I distanced myself.
Every step backward is torture.
Watching you from afar I cannot stand it
But for you I will endure anything.

Days passed and your color returns
I was mesmerized yet again with your beauty.
But now I know I couldn't be with you
Even if my heart says with you is where I should be.

My Rose, do know my heart's thine yours
Part of me will always be yours.
From then on...
You'll be the Beauty enclosed forever in my heart
And as for me, I'll be your Beast.















#ChroniclesOfRose 

0 comments:

Post a Comment