We are but travelers of thus uncanny world. A stranger to its land; an outsider or an invader perhaps. As travelers, we bring things along with us. Things that would help us get through the days without ever feeling bored, restless and of course to even fool ourselves that we are not alone. As for me, I brought my pen and a notebook with me. Many would question why those things and not any other… Well, I don’t mind what others would think about me bringing just these two things. I don’t mind because they didn’t know the importance and reason these pen and paper to me. They are my best friends. Without them, I could never be able to capture my thoughts and emotions as I walk through this road of life. I share with them my experiences and they knew me because of my words.

Again as travelers, we were supposed to leave a legacy before we took and explore another path. We have to leave something for others to remember us by. So, I leave my words and hope that whoever reads them would share and appreciate them for my words define my life.

Sometimes words are not even enough to describe what I really feel inside. And no matter how I knock my brain out for the exact words, it’s still not enough. It irritates me and it annoys me simply because I ran out of words and I have so much to say. And so I push myself or should I say force myself into writing despite the insufficiency of words. Unfortunately despite my effort, I was misunderstood. Many judged me because of what I wrote… a few understand and others they simply just didn’t bother.

So I travel light… but truth is I was heavily burdened. Yes, I only brought a pen and a notebook with me but I also brought with me memories of the places I’ve been and of the people I met along the way. (So much of travelling light huh?) These memories in exchange of my words, molded me to the person I am right now – still a traveler.

0 comments:

Post a Comment